Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Illinois

I found out that a former employer is using my photo on promotional materials. I never signed a photo release, and I also never signed a contract that may have included a photo release. I worked in Illinois at a company that is owned by a corporation in New York. I have not addressed this problem with my former employer at all, and I am wondering how to proceed.

Thank you.

Asked on 5/30/10, 7:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

Using your likeness for commercial gain is not allowed without express release. You should contact an attorney who will be able to send a cease and desist letter and/or negotiate royalties.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/10, 2:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Illinois