Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Illinois

Hi i got a question hopefully you be able to help me out. I own or should still own a 87 monte carlo ss but police impounded it and would not release and i quote that they said they were holding for evidence and after my court was taking care of and done they would release the car. But heres the thing they disposed of my car before my case was take n care of. I never recieved no paperwork on the car from the time of impoundment to disposal of car. So with that bein said my question is would i be able to go after city beins they had it towed and take them to court for a replacement on my car. Thanks

Asked on 1/15/14, 7:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

While the facts are fairly clear there is no way we can help in this kind of situation, since a fair amount of research would be required to verify things. Hire an attorney. If you can't afford one you may have to file a case "pro se" (by yourself) to get the car back or sue for damages.

Read more
Answered on 1/17/14, 1:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Illinois