Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Illinois

I took my ex boyfriend to small claims court for the amount he owed me for his share of rent. The judge ruled in my favor and I won the case. I signed a payment arrangment, but can I file paperwork to ask the courts to garnish his wages instead?

Asked on 9/24/13, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

You are bound by the installment order that was entered. If he does not comply with the terms of the order, you can file a motion seeking to terminate the installment portion of the order. So you can not garnish his wages at this time.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/13, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Illinois