Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Illinois

Can Currency Exchange sue me? I got paid with a check for a construction job that I cashed at one of their stores. Today I received a call from them and apparently the check was bounced and they can not get ahold of the person who gave me the check. They are saying that if I can’t get the person who gave me the check to pay them I will have to pay them and that if I chose to not pay they will take me to court. This is so unfair, I cannot afford to pay that amount of money just out of the blue. I hope someone can answer my question and help me out. I am freaking out!

Asked on 1/18/18, 3:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

Yes, they can sue you.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/18, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Illinois