Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

Hello, in 2004 I was convicted of misdemeanor domestic battery in Lake County Illinois. I moved away without completing fines and probation. This week while filling out an accident report in Jackson County Illinois I was arrested for this seven year old conviction. I posted the $2100.00 bond and now have a court date on May 17 in Lake County. I can't keep traveling 400 miles for courtdates. Does anyone know what could possibly happen, or how to clear this up quickly. Thank you.

Asked on 5/05/11, 9:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Pavlinski Pavlinski & Elkins

The simple answer is to suggest that you hire an attorney to handle the matter for you. This will also ensure that you have a complete defense. Further, an attorney is more likely to secure a better plea arrangement than you could on your own if you choose that option. Often your legal fees can be paid by your bond. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. 773.609.2889

Read more
Answered on 5/05/11, 9:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois