Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

My husband was arrested for a dui he is serving the time now in Illinois and he had a sex crime when he was 12 and did his time for that can Illinois make him register as a sex offerender now he is 30 yrs old?

Asked on 11/10/16, 8:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

According to my review of Illinois law, a sex offender shall register for 10 years after he or she is convicted, if not confined to a penal institution, hospital or other institution. Your husband should personally discuss this with an attorney, just in case.

Read more
Answered on 11/20/16, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois