Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

How can i remove a misdemeanor off my record? I recently did a background check for a job position I am super interested in but got denied for an arrest that happened 10 months ago. I am only 20 years old, I have two counts of misdemeanors.


2.Criminal trespass to land

both charges were dis-positioned as "Stricken off with leave to reinstate"

The "victim" did not show up to court so charges were suppose to be "dropped", so why does it still appear in a background check?

Asked on 6/13/17, 11:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sal Sheikh

You need to expunge/seal the record of your arrest.

When you are arrested most people are fingerprinted and a mug shot is taken. This in itself creates a "record".

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/17, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois