Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

I was a victim of a set up. The incident happened in my house where I was entering and found my ex-boyfriend in the house with another female. He didn’t live there and intruded in my house. Before this incident happened, we had an incident a week ago where the police was called on him and he was removed from the premises for harming me so he was not welcomed back. During the incident when I found the girl with him he pulled a gun out to protect her so she can leave out the house. I fought him for the gun but wasn’t successful to get the whole gun, but I was able to remove the clip and I scratched him on his neck to get away. I put the clip in my pocket and got out of there because my mom had already called the police and she was outside and I had no protection inside the house with him. He followed me outside and my mom was arguing with him while we waited on police. Detective drove passed and my mom waved them down. They stopped and he was coming towards me and he put the gun in my pocket so now I have the clip and gun but separated. He yelled and said I had a gun while walking away from me and I did tell the police I had a gun on me. While the arrested me I pointed out the female that was trying to get away and when they talk to her she of course lied and said I had the gun trying to harm her. I was arrested with assault with a firearm. They was released of the scene just based off their words and the gun being on me.

Asked on 11/16/20, 7:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Juan Ooink Ooink Law

You must hire a criminal defense attorney right away to assist you with this matter. These are very serious charges. The sooner you hire an attorney, the better.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/20, 7:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois