Legal Question in DUI Law in Illinois

My son has a warrant out for his arrest for not appearing in court on an assigned follow-up date for a DUI nearly 4 years ago. He was going to turn himself in this morning, but when he called he found out his bond had been set at $10,000 and he doesn't have the money to pay for it (and I refuse to pay for it). My question is, can I get into trouble by allowing him to continue living here knowing that there is a warrant out for his arrest; or should I report it to someone? His state ID has the correct address on it so they know where he is, but I don't want to do anything to get myself in trouble as well.

Asked on 3/22/12, 7:53 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

I suggest you contact an attorney experienced in these matters to get the best advice. Since there is a warrant outstanding he needs legal advice ASAP. Also, although not always successful, his attorney might be able to get the bond reduced as well so that you can afford it. I was wondering, what County is this case in? Anyway, best of luck to you and to your son.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/12, 12:23 pm

Michael Rosenblat Michael C. Rosenblat., P.C.

How the DUI case and the bond will be handled depends greatly on the County in which the case is pending. Feel free to call me if you want a free consultation to discuss this matter.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/12, 2:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Illinois