Legal Question in Education Law in Illinois

I attend a barber college and the owner died a year ago. His son inherited the school and keeps it open and assured me that he will honor my original contract with the school. There has been so many unfortunate circumstances throughout this ordeal and originally the school ran off school grants and out of pocket tuition. My contract is up March 2020 and decides to partner with another school to get financial aid and they are starting the new name changed, now financial aid school this week and now trying to force me out. What can I do? All I want is to finish my course!

Asked on 6/02/19, 8:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Hello. I can understand your frustration. Your legal options are as follows:

1. You could file a lawsuit against the school for damages sustained by you.

2. You could seek an injunction against the school to prevent it from trying to force you out.

3. You could seek relief from the Illinois Department of Professional Regulations for violations of applicable state law.

I certainly suggests that you consider retaining an attorney to handle this for you. Having a professional spokesperson in a situation such as this will have benefits. I hope my comments have been helpful.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/19, 10:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Illinois