Legal Question in Education Law in Illinois

Do I have the right to sue college I graduated from?

Asked on 11/24/12, 7:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

For failing to teach you that you should not end sentences with prepositions? Sorry, I could not resist. You can sue anyone for anything. The facts of your particular case will determine whether or not the lawsuit will be successful. There are also time constraints in filing lawsuits. So, for example, if a professor hit you with a ball bat which caused a permanent disability, you might have a case, provided you bring suit within the appropriate period of time. On the other hand, if you graduated twenty years ago, and now you want your tuition back because you cannot find a job that pays as much as you want, it is much less likely your lawsuit would be successful.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/12, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Illinois