Legal Question in Elder Law in Illinois

An elderly relative is missing. Her elder daughter came home from work to find her mother gone, no note. She thinks she's with the other daughter. There's been no word as to her whereabouts or well-being. What if anything can the elder daughter do? This is in Illinois.

Asked on 7/22/13, 5:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Raminiak Law Offices of Steve Raminiak, P.C.

I assume that the other daughter isn't returning calls and that the elder daughter has spoken to anyone else who would likely know mother's whereabouts. Consider visiting the other daughter's home at about 8:00 p.m. (unless you believe that a violent altercation might occur). If no one is there, I would call the police and file a "missing person" report.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 11:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Illinois