Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I have an adult daughter (19) who lives in Georgia I live in Illinois, the state of Illinois is collecting for Georgia on arrearage. Would Illinois be considered a third party debt collector for Georgia? Is it possible for me to terminate this arrearage now that she is an adult?

Asked on 6/23/13, 8:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

If this is an arrearage it is owed until paid in full.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 12:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois