Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I had an affair which I am not proud of. The woman I was seeing has a male friend who emailed my wife telling her about my infidelity. I did not know nor never met this gentleman who emailed my wife with information about the affair. My question is can I Sue this male for emotional distress? He absolutely had no interest in what was going on other than he was friends with my mistress. I know I was wrong in what I did, but this does not give a third party the right to contact my wife with information that has destroyed our family.

Asked on 1/28/16, 8:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

You can sue anybody for anything. Will it have merit? Probably not.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/16, 10:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois