Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My boyfriend married in Mexico however the girl skipped out on him after a month and he hasn't seen her since '01. There are no children involved and we would like to get married. How can he divorce her without physically going back to Mexico?

Asked on 1/11/17, 10:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

He can get divorced here. Nothing requires him to go to Mexico to get divorced

Read more
Answered on 1/11/17, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois