Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Boyfriend to a woman in a child custody battle

I have received a notice that there is a certified letter waiting for me at the post office from my girlfriend's ex husband's attorney. They are in a custody battle over their son and I am wondering how I could have any involvement in this case and what the attorney could possibly be sending me? My girlfriend and I don't even live together, so I don't see how I could be involved. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Asked on 4/23/09, 3:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Steele Steele Law Firm

Re: Boyfriend to a woman in a child custody battle

There is a really good way to find out what the letter says. And ignoring a certified letter DOES NOT MAKE THE UNDERLYING PROBLEM GO AWAY.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/09, 3:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois