Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My cat, Tigger, was stolen by my daughters boyfriend. I have all the papers I need to prove that he is mine: Medical records, Chip Receipt, Rabies Tags. I have the incident report and the email from Petlink with an alert that Tigger was stolen. We have the person on tape admitting he has Tigger. I am in Chicago and he is living in Downers Grove, I believe. Can I go to the police with this evidence Tigger is mine and have them go with me to get Tigger back? If not what am I going to have to do to get Tigger back?

Asked on 1/05/19, 10:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg Shimberg and Crohn, P.C.

If he stole the cat in chicago, go to your local police station to report the theft.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/19, 12:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois