Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

child support

How do I get child support I am paying in MI reviewed now that I live in IL. I am paying $166 a week leaving me $80- 100 and I have 1 child I'm trying to support here with me.

Asked on 1/15/09, 1:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Motty Stone Law Offices of Motty Stone

Re: child support

You need to go to the issuing court to request a transfer or amendment. I cannot speak to the rules in Michigan, but Illinois will not directly review a case that is already active in another state.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/09, 1:49 pm

Lesley Hoenig Lesley A. Hoenig, Attorney at Law

Re: child support

You have to petition for a change in Michigan with the Friend of Court, if you need assistance with this, please feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 1/17/09, 10:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois