Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Hello -

So my child is turning 18 next month and graduating from HS in May. I have a back-owed amount of child support the is approx. 24k. The mother and and I have agreed to settle the total back owed for 10k. I have secured the funds but how do I go about doing this? While she is on board to do this, I fear just sending the money to the state for processing w/o having the child support ended and having the remainder of the balance removed. My child and her mother live outside the state, but the order is in DuPage.

Thank you for your console,


Asked on 3/20/20, 8:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

Call me at 312-372-5600 to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/20, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois