Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I am getting a divorce. I don't have a lawyer. What is the law concerning my husband's social security retirement benefits? Am I entitled to those benefits?

Asked on 8/16/12, 3:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq. Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis

It depends on how long you have been married. If you have been married at least 10 yrs and a day, you can receive social security at the time your husband retires based upon his social security. For the exact rules, you will have to contact social security.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/12, 4:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois