Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Can you file for child support if you are still marry and living together?


Can you file for a separation and child support and still live in the same home?

Asked on 6/11/12, 5:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Hello. My response is based upon the information posted by you on this website. You can file a petition for legal separation and seek child support even if you are still living in the same home. Of course the issues will be decided by the judge that your case is assigned to. There are other comments and suggestions that I can make.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/12, 7:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois