Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I fired my lawyer. But there is a motion in court re College financing with an upcoming court date. How do I withdraw/cancel this?

Asked on 9/16/13, 11:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

If it is your motion and there is no counter motion, you have the right to cancel it, but you have to make a formal motion giving notice to your former spouse's lawyer if she or he has one an appear before the court. If it is not your motion, but your ex's, then you do not have the right to cancel it.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 12:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois