Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My ex husband has a job like a waitress where he gets a base hourly plus commission and overtime. His Amy to pay is set at a standard of 28% of his base hourly rate and every quarter I'm supposed to receive a copy of his paycheck stub and he's supposed to give me 28% of the difference. I am also supposed to receive tax return and w2 info at the end of the year. I've received no paycheck stubs or tax info or any overage pay for over a year now. What is the process I need to go through to take him to court to get that back pay and to get him to give me his documents. And do you recommend an attorney

Asked on 6/30/13, 9:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

First of all send a written demand for the returns by certified and regular mail. When you get no response you need to file a Petition for Adjudication of Indirect Civil Contempt. Go to Illinois Legal Aid on line for the form.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 6:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois