Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Kids want to live with mother their ages 12 years in Sept 2013, father has custody and he works for Chicago Police Dept, they are afraid to talk to anyone, only with Judge.

what can I do? He gain custody when they was 4 of age, by saying I kiddnap them and he had them since birth. Reason for lie, because I wass getting married. I live in Houston Tx

Please Help.

Mother of twin Boys

Asked on 1/23/13, 12:15 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

George Ellis The Ellis Law Firm

You can request the appointment of a Guardian Ad Litem, and/or request an in chambers interview of the children with the Judge. Call us to discuss 8007939859

Read more
Answered on 1/23/13, 1:55 pm

Donald Boyd The Boyd Law Firm, P.C.

If you want to change custody you should file a Motion to Modify. If the custody judgment was entered more than 2 years ago your burden lowers to best interests. I agree that you should consult with an attorney of your choice about this important issue. After you have filed your motion the court may consider appointing a children's representative, or GAL. The court may also send both you and your ex-husband to mediation over this issue.

Read more
Answered on 1/24/13, 12:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois