Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I live in AZ but have a child in IL. I was served papers for support and have filed my response & answer. Do I need to appear for the initial case management date that is in my paperwork?

Asked on 6/14/12, 9:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

if you filed an appearance, you should appear. If you do not, the court might enter orders on scheduling that you can not comply with.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/12, 2:21 pm

Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq. Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis

More importantly, if you don't appear or send an attorney in to represent you, the court may set a support amount that you are unable to afford. If you do not care what happens in your case then don't both to show up; if you do, then you should probably hire a local attorney to represent you.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/12, 3:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois