Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I have a minor son who's dad has passed away. I have remarried and my son wants to be adopted by his stepfather. My husband is paying on back child support. Will this prevent the adoption from going through? We are in the state of Illinois.

Asked on 7/27/13, 4:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq. Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis

No reason why it should. This is a related adoption and they are much easier to do that a regular adoption. Its mostly a matter of filling out the paperwork.

Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/13, 6:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois