Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I am a mother if 2. The father and I were never married. During the years if our relationship, he was an extreme heroin addict. I don't trust that he is going to change as I have heard it all before. Therefore, I am allowing him supervised visits with te kids and myself once a week. I am finally receiving chid support, but no custody or visitation order is present within the courts. Being that I live in illinois, am I allowed to move out of state with my kids or do I need permission?

Asked on 7/18/13, 5:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

If there is a court order for support there is a presumptive order of custody to you. It would be best to seek court approval for your move as a result of that order. If it is an administrative order, it is not necessary to seek court approval.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 4:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois