Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Can I move out of state with my daughter? Her Father says he has half custody and I can not move. We were never married. Never went to court for any custody rights.

Asked on 7/01/13, 8:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

If a case has ever been filed - for support, parentage, custody, visitation - then you can not leave the state without a court order allowing you to do so. If no case has ever been filed by you or on your behalf, then you are free to go.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 10:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois