Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My ex says I owe him money from a tax refund. I do not. He says he will deduct amounts every month from my monthly maintenance checks. He cannot do this legally correct? It states in the divorce decree a certain monthly amount.

Asked on 9/01/17, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

Both parties are bound by the court order until it has been modified by the court or vacated by the court.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/17, 10:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois