Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois


Hi,I am writing for a friend to help her. She has been with the same man for about 5 yrs. She wants to leave him but she is currently unemployed due to the realestate market. My question is, what can she do about items that are in my name, the he pays for? This young lady feels trapped. FYI they are not married.

Asked on 12/30/08, 6:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Motty Stone Law Offices of Motty Stone

Re: seperation

I missed part of your question. Are you worried about items in your name? or her name? If they are in her name then they belong to her - if they are in his name, the belong to him. If she leaves him, then she will not qualify for any support unless there are children involved. In any event, if she is being abused, she should not stay. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/01/09, 2:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois