Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My son X wife is taking him to court for more child support. He barely lives on his income now. He lives In Davenport, Ia. She lives in Milan, Illinois. She Has it set for Monmouth, Ill Totally different county than what she lives in Can she do that? also she has Pro Bono and can he get that too for a lawyer He has No money for a lawyer He desperately needs help Can you guide us Please.

Asked on 10/09/13, 5:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

The case should be heard where the divorce was entered, unless a party properly sought to change where it is to be heard. The amount of support he should be paying is based upon his income, not what he can afford. If his income has gone up, then his support should go up. If it has gone down he is entitled to a reduction.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 5:19 pm

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Someone needs to hire an attorney!

Read more
Answered on 10/10/13, 4:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois