Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My son is 6 years old and his mom wants to leave Illinois and move to Arizona with him. I obviously don't want him to leave. What are my options?

Asked on 6/26/13, 9:52 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

The only way to stop the move is to file an action to be declared Dad, if you are not yet determined to be Dad, for custody or visitation and to enjoin her from leaving

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 10:05 am

Lela Davis Law Office of Lela J. Davis

Are you or were you and the mother married when the child was born? If not, have you been declared the father of this child? What you can do depends on the answers to these questions. There is nothing you can do if you have not been legally declared the father.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois