Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I have not talked to my mother nor have i had her apart of my life in 5 years! She is now threatening to take me to court for visitaion over my unborn daughter! I libe in illinois and she in wisconsin! Does she have the right to do this?

Asked on 7/14/13, 7:33 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.


Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 4:19 am

Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq. Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis

Remember anybody can file suit over anything. Even if a lawyer won't take the case, your mother can always file pro se. You real question is, 'Can she win?" That answer is No barring any unusual circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 6:24 am
Lela Davis Law Office of Lela J. Davis

Yes she can file suit. No, it is unlikely that her suit to enforce grandparent's rights in Illinois would be successful.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 7:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois