Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I will not be establishing paternity until my son is born and I have moved out of state. when I do this after I move, will I be able to file everything in the new state?

I will be moving from Illinois to florida.

Asked on 7/08/13, 6:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

That is a question for a Florida lawyer, not an IL lawyer. If the reverse were true, IL courts would not have the power to rule, if Dad has never been to Illinois. The case would have to be filed in Illinois.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 4:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois