Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in Illinois

I got injured at work. I worked for the federal government, they fired me and they stopped my worker's compensation and they will only cover my back treatment, Do I have any legal recourse?

Asked on 1/10/14, 10:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chen Kasher Chen Kasher

Yes, consult with a worker's comp attorney immediately and contest the finding. You can file what's called a 19(b) to continue getting temporary disability, which is 2/3rds of your average weekly wage.

As for your termination, it is illegal to fire someone in retaliation for filing a worker's comp claim, but I seriously doubt the federal government would do that. What was the stated reason for your termination?

(773) 853-3062

Read more
Answered on 1/13/14, 10:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in Illinois