Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

the 7-11 business next door to my home has a lawn care company. they destroyed my flowerbed by mowing into my property and completely mowing over the plants that i have been cultivating for years. replacement cost for the actual flowers is about 350.00. i think it is more than reasonable to add an additional 150.00 for my time and labor. the store owner thinks this is much too high for him to pay in compensation. is there a formula i should be using in asking for compensation?

Asked on 5/23/13, 8:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sal Sheikh

Property damage is usually limited to replacement value.

That being said, you may ask a business/insurance co. to compensate you, but they may very well say, "No".

Then what?

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 9:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois