Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

My daughter is 19. She had a boyfriend that went to jail. While in jail he had her forge her name on the title of a car he had so she could get a title loan to bond him out. She is still making payments to the title loan place with no contribution from the ex. The car is junk, but he is trying to sell it on Facebook with no title. My daughter does not want to keep paying. Worst case scenario, what happens if she allows the title loan place to repo the car that is legally in her name?

Asked on 6/21/16, 1:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Bad news. She's made a lot of mistakes. Even if she allows a repossession she will be legally responsible for the deficiency (difference in resale value and amount of loan.) She needs an attorney, and the attorney's fees will exceed the amount involved. If you can hire me, I might be able to help, but she must stop creating these problems for herself and you. Call me for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/16, 3:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois