Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

Hi, my name is Jeannette and im from central Illinois. I dealt with a financial restructuring company that did nothing for me and owes me over $4000 and will not respond to my request to refund my money. Their service charge has been paid in full and the $4000 is money that was to be used for my debts but was not because I ended up having to file bankruptcy. This was an online transaction and the company is out of Nevada and California. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and had Illinois Attorney General contact them and they woundn't reply to either one. How can I get my money back without it costing me an arm and a leg. Please advise. Thank you for your time.

Asked on 4/04/14, 7:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

since the company did not voluntarily refund your money, the only possible way to get it back is to sue them. since they are located in California and Nevada, you need to find a lawyer in those states to see about filing a lawsuit in one of those states.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/14, 8:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois