Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

Hi Lawguru,

My name is Jenniferand i went out with my boyfriend yesterday after being home for several minutes i noticed my cell phone want on me as usual. eventually i found out i left it in my boyfriend's car. He went through my phone and seen i was talking to my ex so we broke up and now he is trying people with hateful things from my cellphone and refuse to return it until he finished "ruining my life". i have school and a job trying to contact me and im getting into deeper trouble. What should i do. This incident was yesterday but he's working his way through my contacts and using my photos to slander my name.

Asked on 2/25/14, 2:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Brabender Brabender & Chiang LLC

Calling the police may help you get your phone back.

Depending on your phone and carrier, you may be able to deactivate it and even wipe the contents.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/14, 3:34 pm
Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

I would call the local police to file a complaint that your phone was stolen. Give them all the info you can on your "boyfriend ". He deserves whatever he gets.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/14, 5:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois