Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois


i loaned someone $3500 and cosigned for loan the remaining balance on that is $5000. will pay off 5000 loan because payments have been late and nsf, affecting my credit. what is the best way to collect my money back from this individual. can i take to small claims twice as seperate issues?

Asked on 1/11/09, 6:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

Re: loan

Why would you want to file two suit and pay two filing fees? You are out $8500-- if you want to make a claim in the small claims court, then that would be the amount of your loss- It is possible to file a two count lawsuit, one for the $3500 loan and another for the $5k you had to pay because he didn't meet his obligations.

I hope this helps-

Nima Taradji

Read more
Answered on 1/11/09, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois