Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

have deportation order out on me. cant leave because i have no means to. but i want to fly domestically to see someone who has promised to help me out. can i fly within the US or is it safer to drive?

Asked on 1/23/12, 7:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation


Neither is safe. You need to do a Motion to Reopen.

Motion to reopen

A motion to reopen must be prepared. This is a movement we need to unite and prepare all other measures and requests. Unless the motion to reopen is granted, the case can not proceed. Once the motion to reopen is filed, there are two possible outcomes. First, the motion could be granted. If this is the case, then we can enter into an agreement to represent the underlying issue. Otherwise, the motion be denied. If he refuses, then it must be challenged. In addition to the motion to reopen, a motion for stay is usually required so that there is no immediate enforcement of the deportation order.


Read more
Answered on 1/31/12, 4:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois