Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Illinois

I was given a 3 mos. loan modification from my mortgage company. After the 90 days ended, I was instructed to continue to submit the reduced payment because I was told that I would receive a new contract. Now, my mortgage company has filed a judgment against me to foreclose my home. How can they do that when I have followed the guidelines that they gave me. All payments were made on time.

Asked on 10/17/13, 3:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Typical one hand not knowing what the other is doing. You better have that instruction in writing, however, because you'll need to show it to the foreclosure judge AND that will require you to appear in the case and vacate the judgment. You may be able to start by contacting the bank's foreclosure attorneys who may not know a thing about what the bank's workout people told you to do. Time to get an attorney who can at least watch the case for you?

Read more
Answered on 10/18/13, 1:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Illinois