Legal Question in Employment Law in Illinois

I work for a non for profit organization and I have not gotten paid since 9/15 on 10/15 it will be 30 days without payement. Yet I have been coming in everyday. What can I do? Also I am owed mileage from 2 months. On the 15 the office assistants got paid no one else did. What can I do?

Asked on 10/11/13, 3:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Have they said why???? NFPs can be short of funds. Some NFPs are EXEMPT from unemployment insurance and that could be a problem for you too since if you quit you may NOT be eligible! Check with the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IBES) before doing anything. Ultimately you may be able to sue them but if they are out of funds......or come up with excuses.....this could be a big mess. If you can find other work this may be a good time to try.

Read more
Answered on 10/18/13, 2:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Illinois