Legal Question in Employment Law in Illinois

I was wrongfully terminated, I got brought back now going to arbitration for back pay my union lawyers is deducting what I made from a another job to what I am owed from the orignal job!!! Can they do that?

Asked on 10/22/13, 10:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ask the union lawyers; your are being represented. If they are wrong they are liable for your loss, but unless you want to fire them and hire your own attorneys we can't get involved. Having said that, it is impossible to say because your rights to reinstatement and back pay are most likely covered in the collective bargaining agreement and/or rules that came from the agreement, and without reviewing it there is no way to give an answer -- for example it is possible that this was a bargaining point that management got in the contract.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 10:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Illinois