Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Illinois

Can i sue my landlord in CHI IL for not providing m with heat for 3 months? He is now giving me a 5 day notice because I have not paid rent.

Asked on 3/12/22, 11:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You should get an attorney because you may have lost valuable rights by not acting on this sooner. That being said, if the apartment is not "habitable" that is usually a defense to non-payment, but again, if the lack of heating was in the past and you paid rent anyhow without complaining (in writing) you may have lost rights.......

Read more
Answered on 3/15/22, 9:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Illinois