Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Illinois

I have dental work done, because of their wrong doing I must, have it redone, I'm seeking legal representation to have my money refund to me, plus to cover the cost of the new work, that I have to have done because of them ($14000)

Asked on 4/19/14, 4:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

You may or may not have a case. The determination as to whether or not there is a claim for medical malpractice is really a medical question rather than a legal question. You have to get all your medical records and charts and have them reviewed by an expert to make the determination as to whether or not your doctor has failed to follow the standard of care in the community in which he or she practices. Just because things did not end up the way expected, it does not mean malpractice has occurred. Once you have the expert opinion taking the position that there was a failure on the part of your doctor to follow the proper standard, then we have to see what are the damages you are claiming.

So, once you have all your medical records then contact an attorney directly and see what can be done about it. Your damages may be too small to pursue but nevertheless, contact an attorney directly with your records and figure out what to do next.

You may contact my office if you have more questions.

I hope this helps-

Read more
Answered on 4/19/14, 5:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois