Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Illinois

I am currently in a nursing home recovering from knee surgery and I have recently had a minor problem with the doctor that was assigned to me. I started having the shakes in the morning along with migraine headache, weight gain and some dizziness. I told this doctor about it and he said he could not help me, the same thing he has always said for each and every problem that I have ever had. This left me with no choice but to switch doctors, the first thing this new doctor said that I might have a problem with my thyroid. I was already hypothyroid and he said I could either now be hyperthyroid now or my THS level is too high. After he took a blood test he found that my level was too high and increased the dose of my thyroid medicine, now all those problems are gone. In less than twenty four hours this doctor solved a problem I was suffering with for weeks; one that my previous doctor was aware of but did nothing about. I also found out that my previous doctor took the same blood test in December of 2011 but did nothing, nor did he tell me my THS level was high, I was not even made aware he was testing my thyroid level. My question is do I have a case of malpractice? I do realize my suffering was not very bad, but was bad enough and I was very scared it was a much worse problem. What if it was worse and he did nothing I might have lost my chance to treat it, he got lucky this time.


Martin J Milke

Asked on 1/26/12, 12:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Hello. You may have a medical malpractice case depending upon the degree to which you suffered permanent injury. Our office refers potential medical malpractice cases to attorneys whom we know that concentrate in this particular area of the law. Will be happy to discuss this with you further and in more detail.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/12, 9:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois