Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

Burned my lip eating.

Can I file suit against a restaurant that didn't tell me the pizza was hot. I took a bite and ended up burning my lip really bad. I now have blisters on my lip.

Asked on 1/02/09, 3:50 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Motty Stone Law Offices of Motty Stone

Re: Burned my lip eating.

I don't think you will get anywhere, especially if the extent of your injuries are some blisters that will disappear in a week or two.

Read more
Answered on 1/04/09, 3:46 pm

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: Burned my lip eating.

You have every right to sue. However, based on the facts presented, you are not likely going to obtain a settlement or a judgment.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/09, 9:54 am
Spencer Farris The S.E. Farris Law Firm

Re: Burned my lip eating.

One can file a lawsuit for almost anything. Filing fee will be a couple hundred dollars. Value of a case like this somewhere between nothing and very little- no jury will believe that you didn't expect pizza to be hot, and you "assumed the risk" of eating hot food when you ordered it. I doubt that any attorney would take such a case on a contingent fee, and you would be foolish to pay for such a lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/09, 10:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois