Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

I was in a car accident where the other driver was 100% at fault and I reached a settlement with his insurance company. They sent me a release listing a specific amount of money, which I signed. They did not end up paying out the full amount of the settlement that we agreed upon.

Do I have any recourse?

Asked on 1/11/18, 8:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

While it is probably too late for an attorney to cost-effectively do much to get you the full settlement to which you were probably entitled or to address anything that was deducted from the payout, the only way you will get to the bottom of this is to arrange a consultation with a well-recommended personal injury attorney. The scope of the discussion within a question-answer page like this will not be sufficient. Having the documents in hand will be important.

That said, it sounds like one or more liens were on the file, meaning the insurance company probably had to pay certain medical providers before paying out the balance to you. I expect there should have been a breakdown of the disbursement, but if there was not you can probably request that one be sent, together with a copy of the lien.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/18, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois