Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

i am an international student studying in chicago i was driving an uninsured car.i hit another car person inside the car were not injured but the car was damaged .traffic case was running the court.but the lady filed a sueing case of 50k$.So need to know that will i get deported to my country?how i need to proceed?

Asked on 8/31/14, 7:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

Immigration status is wholly irrelevant to the case. It should not be even part of the process. You need to consult with a real lawyer--perhaps even have to pay out of pocket-to provide a defense. Since you did not have insurance, likely, they will go away unless you have assets to protect, in which case you need to get yourself an attorney even sooner.

If you don't know where to start looking, call my office on Tuesday and we can help you out.

I hope this helps-

Read more
Answered on 8/31/14, 8:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois